It was everything we expected…a night with friends of the Junior League of Phoenix to recognize community leaders making an impact in the Valley and support of our mission to develop the potential of women, improve the community, and promote voluntarism. We are still tabulating our proceeds, but the Silent Auction alone raised nearly $15,000, which does not include numbers from our raffle, ticket sales, and direct pledges! Thank you!
Congratulations to our Nominees and Award Winners!
- Sustainer of the Year: Melinda Gulick
- JLP Valley Impact Community Partner “Legacy” Award: Darlene Newsom, CEO of UMOM New Day Centers
- JLP Valley Impact Community Partner “Future” Award: Christina Spicer, Senior Associate – Fund Development for Girl Scouts of Arizona Cactus Pine Council
Valley Impact Award Finalists:
- Laura Capello, President and CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona
- Paula Giangreco Cullison, President and Founder of Arizona Women’s Partnership
- Judith Gardner, President and CEO of the Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA
- Jodi Low, Founder and CEO of U & Improved
- Jeanette Wood, Child Crisis Center and 10 years as an Animal-Assisted Therapy Team with Callie, a 12-year-old tri-color Australian Shepherd.
Proceeds from the Social will go directly back to the community through our programs that are focused on “Building A Healthy Arizona” as well as our leadership training initiatives. Thank you for your support and attendance. Please consider the Junior League of Phoenix in future donations and gift giving. You can donate directly on our website at www.jlp.org.
Thank you to all of our sponsors for their generous support:
- HDR Engineering
- JD Photography
- Premier Piano Shows
- Flora Bella
- Arch Vacations
- Schmitt Jewlers
- JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
- And over 75 donors for our Silent Auction