Dear Junior League of Phoenix Members and Supporters,
WOW! What an amazing two years it’s been as your President! We’ve had so many positive changes, I hope you don’t mind if I just list a few. It’s taken so much time, effort, and gusto to make these all happen and I just want to thank everyone who participated in these awesome JLP achievements:
- Creation of the Operations Team and the split roles of that team and the Board
- Board focus on Long Term Planning while the Ops Team got to manage the day to day
- 2 year terms
- Adding and hiring a new position of Development Director
- Awesome inauguration of 360 Training
- Increased # of members, and their increased satisfaction (yay!)
- New Points System test year (instead of the dreaded requirements ; )
- Highest Provisional class # ever (141!)
- Invigorating Vicki Clark training
- Amazing fundraisers: Rummage, Touch-A-Truck, Valley Impact Social, White Party, and other fun events like Kendra Scott
- Had fun!!
I’ve been in the League 18 years, I wish I could say I joined at age 10, but unfortunately I was 23, and it’s been an incredible experience. I have truly grown up in the league, from being a kid right out of college to now owning a company and being an adult (sometimes.) This JLP experience has been just like life, full of ups and downs, excitements and disappointments, but through it all I was always driven by our mission and so if you’ll humor me one last time, let’s DIP it up!
Develop the Potential of Woman! Improve the Community! Promote Volunteerism! Yay for the Junior League of Phoenix and our commitment and success in fulfilling our Mission!
Thanks for an amazing last two years everyone, I will miss being your humble and fun-loving leader!
With respect and gratitude,
2014-16 JLP President